Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The new idea!

I got a new idea this past few days. I have made many script until now, from Wall Changer, Advanced Volume Editor, Block The Thief, SD SMS, Backup Tools, E2 Triggers (not released in my website, but shared somewhere) until Advanced Font Editor. The total is seven, but if I include the unreleased script for E2 Revival, it will be nine (Autorun Manager and Device Manager). Somehow, I feel hard to update them all, even if I have more idea every day. So...I think for a solution, how if I combine all of this script into a single program?

The KG Toolbox

Yeah, this is the best solution. If I want to update some, I just need to update the program only, no need to make a separated mpkg for each script. Then in future, all of my script will be released in single program! Isn't it good? When I thinking for the name of this all in one program, I remembered to my last program that used KgApps as the storage folder. As you will be thought, the Kg is taken from my nick name, the "k"-ea-"g"-lez. :) So I named it as KG Toolbox, since all of the script is the "tools" I created. Hehe...

What will be included in KG Toolbox? Of course the list of all script I have made, except the SD SMS. Why? I should call this SD SMS was a failed project. Its work but not comfortable at all, the big bug is never able to fix (you should now the bug). I have think for a long times of how to fix the bug, but I never got it. Sad... Maybe I can use mount --bind instead of create soft links, but I never tried it since my main.db was broken when play with it, so I decide to stop the project. Another reason I don't use mount --bind is I don't want to play with the autorun. Okay, back to laptop, eh, I mean the KG Toolbox. :) (You know Tukul Arwana? He is the famous presenters and comedians in my country, one of his famous show is "Empat Mata" with his favourite words, "Kembali ke laptop!", which is means "back to laptop". He used this words when they going off topic in the shows, you can laugh a lot!)

Besides of the six scripts which will be included (except SD SMS), I will include Autorun Manager and Device Manager too. But of course, after E2 Revival firmware released. So eights, huh? Nope, I plan to add more. It will be ten! The both last script haven't created yet, all is still in plan. One of them will be based from rokr.lin by ilove3d, it will not native, still a script. It will use to extract, apply and load.

So how it updates? Instead of force users to install-uninstall program, I prefer to make the users install only once. Then when the update comes, I will provide a full program for new users and a patch for existing users. So if the users have installed any version of the program, they just need to apply the patch and vise versa.

50% native?

This is also my plan. Instead of make everything in Bash script, it will be better to make the main process in C++. Why? Because C++ is faster than Bash script while load a big task. Have used my Advanced Font Editor? It needs a few minutes to load and save, especially in common.ini. I believe it can go faster if I write it in C++.

So I will load the basic show* binary for GUI with Bash script, then do the main function with C++. This way, I called it 50% native. But why not 100%? Not now, it will, in the future version.

The new Wall Changer?

The Wall Changer is still the most famous script from me, but it also the simpliest script. I plan to make a new version for it, with much update, such as applying wallpaper automatically, no renaming needed, change by time and boot, change wallpaper and screensaver, and much more. Oh, I got an email this past days that suggest me to create a Wall Changer with time and screensaver, so I include it in plan since many people suggested the same thing too.

The future of Block The Thief?

Block The Thief was a low level anti theft tracker, its work but not success in some people. Our E2 haven't got a high level one, since not many developer are interested. So how is the future of Block The Thief? Not sure, it might become a high level anti theft tracker, but its hard! However, this is what I imagined for the future of Block The Thief. It will possible to control the phone with SMS by others phone, of course with a password. It will able to send a SMS that report of what the thief did with the phone. Hey, it just a dream! I'm not sure I can make one, but who knows the future? :)

It is a plan!

Finally, we are at the end of this post. Just to remind you if you got excited with everything above (except the Block The Thief), all is still in plan! It might not become like what I write just now. :)

No comments: