Friday, January 25, 2008

Device Manager for E2 Revival firmware

Device Manager
Finally I have finished the Device Manager script. I have some hard time to make it flexible. This script will be presented as a part of E2 Revival firmware. Device Manager is a script that let user to choose the device (or partition) then umount or mount it just with a few clicks. It also regconize the swap partition to turn it on or off.

I have delayed the script for a few days (or even week), because I have figured something fun...hehe. But today (and yesterday) I finally complete the script after some hard time. Then how this script work?

Actually, it was simple. Firstly it read the device available, then separate and assign the name, size and type in defined variable. Then it check the status of the device and show it with showMultiSelect dialog. After that it will regconize the users select/unselect, get the command of the each type and execute it. Finally it shows the result, fail or success.

However, it was a middle-long script too. I need a few hours each day (about 3 days of real work) to complete it. :) Now I will improve the Autorun Manager I create earlier. Ah, thanks to arctu for his idea and his help to figure out the way to get whitespace working in the list! No ugly underscore anymore! Hehe... The Autorun Manager and my other future script will not have underscore anymore in list.

BTW, after the E2 Revival project completed, I will make the new version of my first ever script, Wall Changer. When I first create it, my knowledge of shell script is so tiny, that makes the script look ugly when it needs to rename the wallpaper to number. In the next version, it will not need renaming anymore and no need to apply the 0.jpg as wallpaper. :) It just in plan now, but I believe I can do it...hehe. See ya!

No comments: