Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My phone going crazy!!!

It was a story of two days ago but it still make me shock. What is that? My phone (ROKR E2) going crazy! What the hell is happened? The phone is running to left every times I touched the joystick! Over sensitive..! I think I will need to change joystick but then I know that I'm wrong. It just solved! How?

Well, before talking about how to solve it, let's talk about how it happen. Firstly, my phone is about 6 months old now, and you know, I use it too much. From browsing with Opera Mini, playing Java and SNES games, writing many shell scripts, oh, and mod it. Btw it had fallen once and got a great impact to ground, about 1.5 metres. That impact makes my phone hang at that moment, but wonderfully, there are not any scratch (only a single scratch about 1 mm in lock slide) and no effect in phone for sure. With all of those using and falling, I will not shock if something happens. But I'm shock.

Secondly, I always use joystick when navigate in menu, games, applications, writting (even now), playing, and more...more... With that usage (about 5-6 hours per day, even more), I will not shock if it broken after six months. But again...I'm shocked. LOL It was an over usage, huh?

Then let's get back to the story, the joystick is managed to be over sensitive last week, but it solved itself. Then few days later, the craziness come back again and solved again, by itself. Then two days ago it's going more crazy, touched and it runs to left. Also it runs many steps (like holding it), even in single touch. Oh no! What should I do? Flash to default firmware and claim to warranty? Or fix it with some money?

Then I tried to hold the joystick to left, right, up and down about 30 seconds each. It doesn't change anything. I just want to know maybe something going wrong in position. I read that it can be solved by cleaning the joystick but it's a nightmare for me since I don't know anything about opening phone and don't have any tools for it. Oh, bad...bad...

Solved
Fortunately, it solved now. Hey, know how? Read above paragraph, I said that I hold the joystick for 30 seconds in each position, hope it can be fixed but it doesn't. But there is one thing I haven't tried yet, hold the joystick to center. Then I hold the joystick (or ok) for 30 seconds and what? It solved! Haah... Heh, a while later it craziness back again...so I hold the joystick again to center for minutes and few times. Luckily, it solved! Now, it acts like nothing happen. LOL Imagine how easy I solve it? I think I'm just get a luck for this...but who know it works for you if the samething happen? :)

No comments: