Monday, February 4, 2008

My another ROKR look

Today, I playing around my SD card, seeing each files inside, then I saw my old skins folder. Yes, it was old since it stored about one year ago from my first E2, the white one (now I own the mandarin color). I looked around and see many older skin like NFS, Heroes, Motohappy, even the Silvery White skins. But it just a start for this story.

After that I tried the skins one by one, just to remind me how those skins looks. While I tried it (one by one), I think that I got bored with my current skins -the QuickLook- and decide to change it. But every skins there was too out of date and many of them was incomplete, I mean they didn't replace all of the basic icons. Then after play with them, I'm going to search my newer skins that I have downloaded before.

Looking around my EXT3 storage (which I used to store my downloaded files) and found a few skins like Ubuntu, Leopard, Vista, Moto Hell, and more... But again, I have used them for a few while before. Then, I found a file that makes me interest, the name was guijq.rar. I can remember that was a skins that I never use. So I opened the package and copy the skin to one of my list. I saw the name was FREE, but I think it should be Freedom or something like that. Oh, the guijq is the authors of the skins.

First time I tried it, I feel this skins was ugly and like a kind of joke. Why? Because there wasn't a pointer or hightlight the selected menu. We won't know what menu we choose. What the hell...? Oh, one more, the transparency was 0..! So why I use this skin now? The reason is I like the softkey, options, header, and many more except the main menu! Since I'm not good in editing skins graphics and I'm far away from PC, I decide to have some edit in the *.ini files there and edit it every where.

So I open the common.ini, phone_p.ini and mainmenu_p.ini with Moby Explorer and start editing it. With a small knowledge (I'm noob), I change the transparency to 50, make a different size of font in highlighted menu (so it's okay now), decrease every font size, change border of header, softkey, multiline, also change the padding. Then I restart my phone.

After the phone boot, I browse around the menu and feel okay, just something to edit or fix and done. So now I open the ini files again and change something. Btw now I set the transparency to 100, change the icon size to 4x4 menu (use a bigger size), then again, restart my phone. Now I feel better with the skins. Here is some screenshot for my new look of my ROKR E2:
New look
and
New look again

I also changed the font now, from Sylfaen to Teen. :) I also found this font in my old files...lol

2 comments:

Lkl said...

nice skin, but, where is the link to download? jaja nice work!!!!

Jeffri H. said...

Since i have said the skins name, you can try to search it at motohell... :)